Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"The Workplace Fart Trophy"......A True Underdog Story


You are probably wondering what the hell the homemade trophy labeled, "The Farting Post Trophy Award Winner" is in the picture to the left. Now I can't be certain, but I have a gut feeling that I might be the only employee at a company that encourages farts. Wow I am lucky. But seriously, I'm not kidding. The game began over a year ago and like most great sports, has changed with the times, like 6 months ago when we started taking away points for smell. The basic point of the game is to produce the loudest, strongest fart possible, without making anyone vomit from the stench. Every fart entered into the day's contest must be witnessed by another participant and all contestants that "shart" are disqualified from the day's event and banned from the game for the remainder of the work week. At the end of the day, all contestants vote on who was the day's winner and that lucky soul gets to have the privlidge of taking the trophy home for the night. You should have seen the proud look in my fiance's face when I first brought home the hardware. It took nearly 2 months before I finally broke into the winner's circle. I even insisted on bringing the trophy with us to dinner that night and placed it at the center of the table throught the meal. Anyone that forgets to bring the trophy back the next day or damages it will also be disqualified for the rest of the week. I guess the craziest part about this whole "game" is that you are probably thinking I work with a bunch of sweaty, smelly men, but here's the kicker: I WORK WITH ALL WOMEN. I am very fortunate to compete amongst a group of such strong and noble competitors. Who says women are facing inequalities in the workplace?

No comments:

Post a Comment