Monday, January 26, 2009

"Your Guide to Sneaking in a Workout on the Clock at Work"



“Your Guide to Sneaking in a Workout Program On the Clock at Work”

Something all of you should know about me first. I HATE wasting time outside of work doing almost ANYTHING that doesn’t consist of things I actually enjoy, such as pissing on my homemade Phillip Rivers voo-doo doll or Google-ing “boobs” on the internet. Although you will never catch me engrossed in the new copy of Muscle Fitness Magazine or buying mass muscle building protein shakes at GNC, I do like to lift a few weights to stay in shape. The problem with my workout routine was that I would always skip a day here and there because I hated the thought of stopping at the gym on my way home from work. I’d always think to myself, “God. If only I could workout at work.” Working at a veterinary hospital, I was in the storage room one day and saw several large containers of laundry detergent and my mind got the best of me. Next thing I know, I was closing the doors to the back kennel room and doing triceps extensions and bicep curls with the with two large containers of laundry detergent. It might sound crazy (o.k. it is ridiculous) but although nobody is going to be able to become Mr. Universe working out with commercial-sized Tide containers, I actually was able to get a pretty good workout in throughout the day. The key is to do a set here and there without the other employees wondering where you are. Now I know not everyone else has access to economy-sized laundry detergent containers, but I’m sure you could find something, and if you have one of those “1-person” bathrooms, you’re good. Simply put a couple heavy containers of something or even weights (just act like you have no idea what the hell they were doing there if someone finds them) and disappear to the bathroom several times a day for some curls or shoulder presses. The picture to your left is an example of proper form for Laundry Detergent Shoulder Presses.

No comments:

Post a Comment